Mar 26 2020
Following on from our communication yesterday, we have been in discussions with RM to identify how we can jointly support you as effectively as possible for the use of VPN
Within the next 24 hours the following changes will take place:
· All schools will each be upgraded from 10 concurrent sessions to 50
· The HICS network was previously capped at 500 concurrent connections. Burst capacity will be enabled for up to 2500 connections
· The duration of user connections timing out when they are inactive has been reduced to 10 minutes. This will reduce the amount of connections which are left dormant, making them available for others to use.
We hope this will drastically improve the effectiveness of the service during this difficult period of time and we will continue to monitor the situation closely.
Mar 25 2020
We reported yesterday that some of our customers have been experiencing difficulties when using SSL Connect Remote Working (VPN). The network is under an immense amount of strain at the moment due to the large volumes of people working from home. In order to ensure this remains as accessible as possible to all, please follow the guidance below:
– Only log into SSL Connect when needing to access school-hosted resources (e.g. SIMs servers) and log off immediately after using them. Accessing cloud-based resources (e.g. Microsoft Office 365 and Google G-suite won’t need a VPN connection)
– Ensure that you proactively log out of SSL Connect when you do not need remote access to ensure that your session terminates immediately without leaving it to time-out
– If your school is likely to have more than 10 concurrent users at any one time, please let us know via the Service Desk, so that we can do all we can to ensure the correct resources are allocated to you
Mar 24 2020
Customers using SSL Connect may face a “session could not be established” error page. This is due to unprecedented demand causing connection issues for some customers. RM are actively working on this to get the matter resolved as quickly as possible.
Dec 10 2019
Please be aware that our ICT and DMS Service Desk will be closed on Wednesday 11th December 2019 for a staff training inset day. For urgent matters relating to internet connectivity, HICS calls will be answered by RM. Normal service resumes on Thursday 12th December.
Thank you for your understanding,
Aug 05 2019
RM have confirmed that the problems from Friday have been resolved and Talk Talk are working to identify the root cause.
Aug 02 2019
It looks like the Internet dropped out at some of the schools this morning. I believe it has now come back up. RM are liaising with the telcos to find out what happened and once I have further information, I’ll add a new post. Thanks…. and apologies for the inconvenience.